Parameters are a powerful feature of Jahuty. However, it can be difficult for an engineer to know which parameters to pass a snippet without reading it carefully. To make things a little easier, we've added a "Parameters" tab to list the parameters used in a snippet.
A snippet's parameters are displayed in two columns, one for those in its published content and another for those in its staged content. This, along with some highlighting, helps users identify which parameters will change at the next publishing:
- Parameters without change - those that exist in both the published and staged content - are not highlighted.
- Parameters for insertion - those that exist in the staged content and do not exist in the published content - are highlighted green.
- Parameters for deletion - those that exist in the published content and do not exist in the staged content - are highlighted red.
We hope this helps make Jahuty a little easier to use. We're still considering a few ideas for the future:
- Helping organizations define what parameters are available within their workspace so content creators can "order from the menu" when composing a snippet.
- Helping content creators mark parameters as required or enable "strict" rendering and returning an API error when parameters are missing.
- Helping engineers create a temporary "data context" for requests instead of having to pass the same data over-and-over again for different snippets.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on managing parameters, and, of course, if you have any questions or feedback, let me know - email@example.com.